Monday, December 6, 2010

A message for me


I awoke today way too early with my mind buzzing with details of life. God whispered Allie, get up, I want to share something with you. I rolled over and tried in vain to find sleep again, but it did not come. God stirred up the wind outside my window and said, Allie get up I want to share something with you. Knowing sleep was far from my abilities I listened. Mindlessly going through the motions of finding my morning slippers and sweatshirt, I headed for the kitchen and flipped on the coffee maker. I started to put the dishes away and God said, Allie stop, I want to share something with you. I made note of the request and continued a few minutes in my task. Snickers bounded through the living room and sat on the couch next to my bible, again I hear God's request Allie, come here I want to share something with you. Heavy with the tasks of the day ahead of me, I shuffle over to the couch and sit next to Snickers and take a hold of my bible.

I await for God to share what He was so keen on waking me up for and wonder what kind of message will it be. What tasks will he want me to do today, what kind of work to bring to the world today. I wait, I pray silently for a deeper relationship with him, The wind continues to stir. Snickers waits patiently with me. Then I hear it, the words He was so anxious to share with me, "Allie", He said as I read His word, "You are greatly loved". That was it, that was all, no complex world peace equation, no demanding list of people to seek and things to do. God woke me to tell me I was greatly loved! Tears dropped from my eyes, wet with the reality that I am loved by the One who controls the wind, who manages all things, by the One who took the time to wake me before the rest of the world to instill in me the one thing that will keep me going, I am loved.
How amazingly simple, how amazingly profound was this message. I will treasure this in my heart all day. Thanks for the wake up call God and next time I will not try to press snooze.
Shine on my friends and know you are loved.
Allie

1 comment: