Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Humble Pie


Okay, remember how proud I was about my new simple living? My boasts of my new found experience of freedom as I gave things away and continued to empty our home of all the stuff? Well I think I need to tone those thoughts down and eat some humble pie.

I am sitting here on a flattened box for a couch in what used to be my living room and typing on my what literally is my LAP top. My butt is sore, and my shoulders have, I believe a permanent hunch from my posturing. Last night I slept on the oldest, lumpiest mattress ever, now my whole body is stiff and sore. So before I go on, I accept and eat heartily my slice of humble pie while conceding that I unfortunately need stuff in my life. I have enjoyed the more simple stuff of life for these past few weeks but my once found freedom from things now feels a bit more like a prison in an eternal abyss of empty space.

I still however want to go on record that I never want to accumulate the amount of stuff I did these past 15 years, if there is a word that means gluttonous in respect to stuff, that was me. (perhaps you can let me know what that word is) I do believe that stuff is truly not needed in life but I humbly admit that if I can keep my simply way of life while maintaining a few things of comfort I will.


I have at this point 2 days left until we leave for Bahamas, keep us in your prayers as we continue to leave well and say goodbye to friends and family. I am excited and scared all at the same time. I am pleased that throughout all of this process I have been able to see God's hand at work and that even while eating, nay, especially while eating humble pie I continue to be drawn closer to Him through this process.

Shine on my friends
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment