Sunday, May 2, 2010

Life is Messy




Life is messy.

Life is complicated.

Life is exhausting.

I am fairly sure most would agree with those statements. It does seem that just as we think we can handle no more, we are asked to. Knees buckle, stomachs lurches, tears fall. Today was one of those unbelievable almost impossible days. Life right now is messy, complicated and baffling. Right now I sit with knees buckled underneath me, stomach hardened by the day and tears on my face. But I want you to know, it is doable, it is possible and there is hope. I have no answers for today, just more questions, but I do have hope. I have hope that no matter what may come there is a plan that uses mess to change people. I have hope that what seems complicated will clarify with time. I have hope that what has exhausted me will allow me to feel better the energy of tomorrow. Seems crazy that I can say that but I can in all sincerity. God is at work in my heart and there is nothing like a messy, complicated and exhausting day that helps me realize this. So while I would wish for this to be taken away from me, I will not for I am certain that in this messy, complicated and exhausting time I am being shaped for God’s glory.

2 comments:

  1. God took the chaos of nothing and spoke Creation - how much more is he able to care for us.
    He is indeed in your chaos, and today especially, He will shine through. Bless you for being open to his moving, for having a tender enough heart to be baffled, and for a faith strong enough to know that He will bring His Glory through this...know that prayers abound for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaning on the promise of 2Corinthians 12:10.

    ReplyDelete