I could go on..but the point I hope is made.. if I counted my life based on only the things I collected over the years my life would have been confusing and once all the contradictions cancel each other out, would be a fairly close to a zero. However, downsizing has made me realize that there are things that I am bringing with me to Nassau that could never be put into a box, things that I count as the most valuable in my life.
- All my racing bibs and finishing medals from the races I entered along side my walking cast, crutches, cane and physio tape used for my injuries and rehabilitation.
- All my notes and textbooks used for what felt like an eternity of courses to finish my clinical membership, alongside my ripped, stained and crowded day planners that unfortunately show my priorities were more work related than God, family and friends.
- All my awesome books purchased because I knew I would love them, along side the receipt that I used as a bookmark which remains in its original position of chapter one.
I will refrain from continuing because I could go on, but bottom line, I know when I arrive in Nassau I am bring with me all of these treasures because I store their value in my heart and not a box. Boxes can contain important things but my heart contains the treasure.
- My relationship with Christ, far and away my most treasured "possession"
- My awesome husband..sure sometimes we might feel like "boxing" each other but Bryn is my champion, he has never given up on me..I treasure that.
- My daughter, I know I am not always the coolest mom but I will always think she is the coolest treasure.
- My friends, really, considering how insane my last 8 years were the fact that I still have friends is a testament to their awesomeness...Treasure!